Vision: The AJ KALINGA Foundation Inc. (AJKF Inc.) serves as a beacon of hope for Metro Manila’s homeless and poorest of the poor. It envisions a society where nobody is left behind and the dignity of all people is upheld, secured, respected and celebrated.
Mission: To re-create and empower the lives of the homeless and wounded
Arnold Janssen Kalinga Center
BACKGROUND AND INSPIRATION
POVERTY and the INCREASE of HOMELESS are prevalent in our society. It has remained a huge problem, and has worsened through the years. It only takes a road trip around any populated municipality to see that there are too many homeless living and sleeping in the streets. Travelling the same streets makes one realize that the homeless are increasing and someone needs to provide them their much-needed care.
It was this very sight that inspired Fr. Flavie Villanueva, SVD, to create the KALINGA Center. Fr Flavie concretizes Jesus’ invitation in Mt 25:35-36. “when I was hungry, you gave me food, I was thirsty you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger you welcomed me, I was naked you clothed me, I was sick and you took care of me.” Thus, by his faith that always spurs him into obedience in Christ, he founded KALINGA Center. He believes that overcoming poverty is not a task of charity, rather it is an act of justice where the poor and the homeless are offered dignified service and care.
BE PART OF OUR MISSION
- Help build the Endowment Fund for the sustainability of our KALINGA Operations. KALINGA’s monthly expenses of providing food, shower and shelter costs P400,000.00 for both the KALINGA Day operations ad well as the PANATAG Night Shelter.
- Help build a Development Fund to build BAHAY KALINGA and develop KALINGA sa BARRIO.
- Help in providing materials and services to build BAHAY KALINGA.
- Help in providing goods; produce or materials that can be used in our KALINGA Operations. (i.e., Sinandomeng Rice; Soap; Shampoo; Towels; Old clothes; Sauces; Seasonings; Meat; Eggs, etc.)
- Help in providing funds for our existing KALINGA Operations. Cost to provide shower, clean towels, warm food consisting of two viands and unli sinandomeng rice is P85.00 per head.
- Link us to any church Organization, School or Company that would be interested in adopting the Kalinga method in assisting their own Communities.
- Help in spreading the word around… that you and your friends can be part of the wonderful mission.
Christmas Message from Arnold Janssen Kalinga Foundation Inc.
Continued Killings & Tyranny.
Prevalent Fake News.
Unemployment & Homeless.
Typhoon Odette…all these
human-made tragedies tried to frustrate the human spirit.
Thank God for His intervention!
God intervened to uplift humanity’s struggle.
God intervened to bring Hope amidst our trials & desolations.
God intervened to offer as Faith
amidst our confusions.
God intervened and sent His only Son the Word made Flesh to dwell among us. And our human lives were never the same!
Thank you sssooo much for bringing to us Christmas each time you share your pesos, prayers, presence and products. Your gracious kindness allows us to mirror the “kalinga” and paghilom (dignified care & healing), the Divine Word yearns to offer to our dear homeless and EJK victims.
On behalf of Arnold Janssen Kalinga Foundation, may the Word made Flesh come and take birth also in your hearts and those dear to you this Christmas and the coming New Year!
Sa mga taong patuloy na nakilakbay at naghahandog ng kanilang mga biyaya at sarili,
sa misyon ng Arnold Janssen Kalinga Foundation,
nawa ang Maligayang Pagsilang Dios na unang naghatid at patuloy naghahandog ng Kalinga at Paghilom ay manahan po sa inyong mga puso at buhay;
sa ating mga bahay at Bayan!
Donate today and make a difference!