Vision: The AJ KALINGA Foundation Inc. (AJKF Inc.) serves as a beacon of hope for Metro Manila’s homeless and poorest of the poor. It envisions a society where nobody is left behind and the dignity of all people is upheld, secured, respected and celebrated.
Mission: To re-create and empower the lives of the homeless and wounded
Arnold Janssen Kalinga Center
KALINGA was founded to provide hope; second chances for them; and a venue to empower the homeless to turn their lives around. KALINGA provides a holistic, systemic and dignified approach in helping its members turn their lives around. The KALINGA PROGRAM is founded on its 3 triptych roles to ““recreate the poor’s image, reclaim their self-respect and restore their self-worth”. The “Kain, Aral, LIgo naNG umAyos” Program of KALINGA concretizes its mission to empower and re-create their lives.
BACKGROUND AND INSPIRATION
POVERTY and the INCREASE of HOMELESS are prevalent in our society. It has remained a huge problem, and has worsened through the years. It only takes a road trip around any populated municipality to see that there are too many homeless living and sleeping in the streets. Travelling the same streets makes one realize that the homeless are increasing and someone needs to provide them their much-needed care.
It was this very sight that inspired Fr. Flavie Villanueva, SVD, to create the KALINGA Center. Fr Flavie concretizes Jesus’ invitation in Mt 25:35-36. “when I was hungry, you gave me food, I was thirsty you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger you welcomed me, I was naked you clothed me, I was sick and you took care of me.” Thus, by his faith that always spurs him into obedience in Christ, he founded KALINGA Center. He believes that overcoming poverty is not a task of charity, rather it is an act of justice where the poor and the homeless are offered dignified service and care.
The PAGHILOM PROGRAM’s vision is to re-create and empower lives of the wounded, and victims. The PAGHILOM PROGRAM is designed to enable the marginalized, victims of various crimes and incidents, as well as widows, orphans, and family members of extra-judicial killing (EJK) victims to heal and rebuild their lives by assisting them to restore their well-being, dignity and peace.
BE PART OF OUR MISSION
- Help build the Endowment Fund for the sustainability of our KALINGA Operations. KALINGA’s monthly expenses of providing food, shower and shelter costs P400,000.00 for both the KALINGA Day operations ad well as the PANATAG Night Shelter.
- Help build a Development Fund to build BAHAY KALINGA and develop KALINGA sa BARRIO.
- Help in providing materials and services to build BAHAY KALINGA.
- Help in providing goods; produce or materials that can be used in our KALINGA Operations. (i.e., Sinandomeng Rice; Soap; Shampoo; Towels; Old clothes; Sauces; Seasonings; Meat; Eggs, etc.)
- Help in providing funds for our existing KALINGA Operations. Cost to provide shower, clean towels, warm food consisting of two viands and unli sinandomeng rice is P85.00 per head.
- Link us to any church Organization, School or Company that would be interested in adopting the Kalinga method in assisting their own Communities.
- Help in spreading the word around… that you and your friends can be part of the wonderful mission.
Donate today and make a difference!